Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Writing with a Goal in Mind

A good friend helped me brainstorm an outline today. The main bulk of the techniques was to put forth ideas AND get them down on paper. It lead me to keep writing and finishing that outline. 

I later wrote out another concept and outline for that. Both are what I see as rough drafts. After they cool for a bit, I'll rewrite them to fit the screenplay format. It's good to have ideas and get them down on paper. Progress is a great thing even if it feels like baby steps. 

Promised myself five to seven outlines this week (ending on this upcoming Saturday). I even took a concept I wrote out on Sunday to use some of the techniques I developed to "tighten" the concept. I have three other outlines that could use this tightening as well. 

No comments: