Monday, June 29, 2009

Anne Rice II

Let me elaborate outside of a post from my BB.  I loved reading Anne Rice novels.  Then the quality kinda failed.   It got boring to me.  it was time to go as a reader.  At the time I took her books up My family was going through a lot of changes:  My parents separated, and my Mom had cancer.  I needed something to fill my mind.  Rice fit the bill.  The crisis passed, and I still read her books.   All was good.    Then the well dried up.  Nothing of hers enchanted me anymore.   Its not to say she could not write.  i was not feeling the material.  I suppose it happens to all of us.   I don't think I ever found a writer I was willing to read several of their books like I did with Rice Let's see what I read:
  • Queen of the Damned
  • Tale of the Body Thief
  • The Mummy
  • Memnoch the Devil
  • Pandora
  • Belinda
  • Violin
I tried Armand, Taltos, and Violin, but the magic was gone by then.

No comments: