Monday, January 18, 2010

Bye-Bye Comics?

A funny thing happened last year while finishing my finals.  I decided I could hold off on buying comics.   I could always do it the week after, right?  Well the next week came, and nothing.  The next payday came, and no desire to go to the local comic books shop and pick up some comics.   Even during my near two months break from classes did not inspire me to buy books.   I began to think, it wasn't worth it at all.

I'm a little embarrassed, cause I used to buy them all the time.  Even when my money was tight I bought a subscription to one comic.  Always read them.   This time around, I backed off the entire medium.

You see, it occurred to me, that sometimes the things I read did not inspire me.  I wasn't having fun.  In fact I was outright bored.   What's the point of paying for something and not feeling the material?   So until I get that feeling or curiosity, one can forget me purchasing something. 

So for now, bye-bye comics.

No comments: