Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Wrap-Up

Hello all. It's been an up and down week as classes started and the place is like a retail store in terms of business.  I really haven't devoted the time I need to writing properly.  That burns me up.  I promised myself an entry here, and now I'm gonna have one. 

Been looking over my ideas for my thesis and thought about changing it.  If I talk more about this, it has to be on SDCS.  Y'all know the drill.

Got a haircut on Tuesday and that in itself was a process.  Made myself get up early so I can get the cut, go back home, and take a nap, if need be.  Instead  I arrived to a CLOSED barbershop.  I went back home, took a nap and realized after I dozed off I should call the place to see if it opened.  I called, my barber wasn't there, BUT I needed a cut so I went.

While there I watched a documentary against Planned Parenthood and targeting Black viewers.  It was very politically-charged.  A brother hates having to deal with race issues before he gets his cut.  Some of it was made to incense me too (it worked BTW).  A brother did leave the shop irritated with what he saw and having an ok haircut.  Didn't fell 100% sexy (more like 90%).  It was bittersweet.  

No comments: