Sunday, August 07, 2011

8-6-11

From Yesterday:

It's been a lull point this month as my writing output fizzled. I want to blame it on my crappy year, but it implies my entire years was terrible, and it never was that way.  Spent some time enjoying peace and quiet to settle my mind.  I hoped I would be inspired creatively by the still time.  It meant picking up my pen and paper and writing out my thoughts.  That's how I got the ball rolling.

Today started out hot (or "hawt").  opened my door and felt a wave of hear rush me. There was no need to go anywhere after that experience. Soon, in the distances I heard the crackle of thunder and lightning.  Soon it got closer, with rain and wind following.  It was quite the storm.  The power flickered off and on several times until it ultimately went off.  I heard several sirens, no doubt on the main road.

Had to eat something.  Leftover greens filled my tummy the moment the lights came back on.  Looked around the house when the power was off.  All I had was banana chips and cookies.  I should have made a meal sooner for myself.  Also next store trip will be about me getting more snacks in the house.

No comments: