Sunday, August 28, 2011

Raise the Steaks

Decided that I should make dinner this weekend so I don't have to cook this week.  Pretty clever if I do say so myself, and I do.

Made a simple marinade for the steaks of olive oil, vinegar, white wine, Italian seasonings, Cayenne pepper, and garlic.  I let this one sit overnight.  I'd like the favors to penetrate the rib eyes.  Even though I call this one simple, the pre-made marinades tend to be sugar based, and when fried they tend to caramelize/burn in the frying pan which is both a mess to cook with and clean.  The olive oil is less of an issue for me.  Going to saute some  onions and mushrooms with this.  Will serve some cheddar broccoli on the side. 

The second meal is spaghetti.  This one's not too complex. It's a meat-based sauce so I use ground chuck, Italian sausage (hot).  I seasoned the ground chuck with salt and pepper.  I also sweated some onions and mushrooms along with some garlic. Added the meat, then the marinara sauce.  Added a little sugar to cut the acidic taste, and a splash of white whine.  SIDE NOTE: NEVER overuse wine in your sauces, trust me.  Seasoned with Italian seasonings, oregano,  pepper, salt, garlic and Bay leaves (2).  This is gong to be tonight's dinner so I can make the pasta tonight.  

With the spaghetti I have some mixed salad greens that I'm sure to enjoy.   

2 comments:

bobo said...

MMmmmmmmmmmmmm hungry. Bon appetit!

Unknown said...

Thanks Bo Bo. :)