Friday, September 30, 2011

Oh Yuck, or How Plans Go Astray

Today was simple, errands, cook a meal, then get to writing.  Well, I got home and discovered the toilet and tub was backing up.  That's all you need to know about that.  Needless to say, I turned my back to call the apt manager, and went back into the bathroom and the toilet overflowed.

Maintenance came by and a plumber was called.  Apparently someone put baby wipes down their commode and clogged the system, causing my toilet and tub to back up.  Was disgusted as this seem to take forever to resolve.  Tried to mop up, and put a towel down to soak up the water as well.  It was a mess.  While waiting for the plumbers it overflowed again.

Because the overflow could affect the entire house, I couldn't even clean the kitchen for fear the dishes would get that nasty water coating them.  I dunno if buring dishes is allowed but I dunno if I'd want my china after they've been emerged in such filth. I was so frustrated I really was ready to give out.

I was so upset I didn't eat a meal until 7:00 PM.  yeah it sounds stupid, but it took nearly all day to resolve this nasty ass caper.  I still have to properly was the floor mats cause I can't put them back on the floor like that.  Also my poor sweet towel deserved better.  

I cleaned the bathroom and will re-clean it again. Can't get back into the tub until I feel it's cleansed.  Yes that sounds OCD, but I don't care.  Nasty ass shit was literally in my tub.

I found myself playing Dragon Age II until I was bored of it and began blogging this post.

No comments: