Thursday, September 01, 2011

My Thursday With Maury

Last week I found out that my brake lights were completely out. A driver was kind enough to pull up to me and let me know.  I was embarrassed.  They were BOTH out.  Driving like that can be a nightmare.  I needed this handled ASAP!

For my piece of mind, the remedy meant a visit to Pep Boys and having to wait while they service my ride.  I got up early so I could beat the crowd and get done quicker. I always think I'm being smart when in fact, the universe had other plans. The break room at Pep Boys was incredibly minimalistic, complete with some plastic chairs and a TV on none other than the Maury Povich show.  For those who have never seen it, count yourself blessed by the grace of the Lord.  I was more than positive I didn't need to see another DNA test show ever in my life.  The guests were ridiculous, loud, and ignorant.    

I found myself, in spite of my headphones hearing all that garbage that goes onto the show.  I was not happy.  Another hour passed and there was this reality show on.  Didn't give a damn what it was about.  All I know is that people were cussing and yelling at each other.  It was annoying and I kept my headphones going.  At this point the chairs was hurting my ass, and I really needed to be done.  Finally Judge Joe Brown was on, and I needed to get outta there.

OMG it took forever for them to ring me up.  I didn't even care.  I knew I was gonna have some time management crunches to get some food, and get ready for work. Any day that I start with Maury really is a hurtful day. Guess what?  I endured.  It was a crappy, crappy set of time waiting for my ride to be repaired. I LOATHED the moments that came along.  I made it through. 

I have to be honest.  Having to sit through Maury and the waiting turned me off 100%.  

No comments: