Saturday, October 11, 2008

K is for Kitchen

I am making lasagna for dinner today and steamed vegetables. I started with the sauce, and I wanted to finish it, but it was late. I sauteed some onions (red and white), bell peppers, and mushrooms. The sauce I added oregano, Italian seasonings, minced garlic, a dash of sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, and bay leafs. I was able to add the sauteed veggies to the sauce, but that was it last night. I will brown the meat today, and I need to add some diced tomatoes to get the sauce to have some more liquid, cause now it looks like some rich vegetable stew.

6 comments:

Beatty said...

Your dinner sounds really good! :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks. It's in the oven now. It has at least 30 more mins to go. :-)

Beatty said...

Hey, I was just blogging again and stopped over here and see you haven't blogged since last weekend! That's very unsual for you! I hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Hey Beatty.

I'm fine. Overwhelmed with classwork. :-(

Beatty said...

Oh ok. :o)

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to "baby step" myself back into blogging. I was hoping to tackle the entire alphabet this month, but I will have to pace myself. I feel overworked. :-(