Monday, October 06, 2008

F is for "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall this weekend. It is a laugh out loud film. I didn't think I would like this one, but I found myself laughing out loud at several moments of this film.  I love the Dracula opera song.   The film in a film stuff is great.  That parody of CSI is drop dead funny.   It's really so good silly fun.  Some people may be uncomfortable with the male frontal nudity (shown briefly a few times), but it really works in this film.   Symbolically it suggests a physical, mental and spiritual nakedness and vulnerability of the character.  Ultimately a freedom the character possesses.  Jason Segel is a brazen and smart actor.  I give him his props.

Mila Kunis' character is so likable and spirited.  I remember her mainly as Jackie from  that Seventies Show.   She gets to be a lot more mature, and contrast Jason's emotional character.  Russell Brand's rather sexually charged rock star persona is hilarious.  Even his sweet, sexy ballad is raunchy.   It just hurt to laugh so much.   See it/don't see it. It's up to you. Taste is mildly subjective.   I know I had more than a few good laughs that I needed.   Linked the web page for those who might have a passing interest. 

P.S.  Beetlebum will kill me for not mentioning  Kristen Bell, so I have to.  The Crime Scene parody made me laugh so hard.  Also her ability to entangle herself in relationships is interesting.   I liked her relationship with Brand and Segel's characters.   The I Hate Sarah Marshall blogsite is so funny!

No comments: