Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beat Sheets: The Untold Story

Still working on my spec script for my writing for TV class (comedy).  Our Prof has us on a strict formatting regiment.  He wants us to understand the beat sheet first, and then we can go onto scripting.  He was not pleased with the length of some of our beat sheets.  Mine was two pages.   I admit, if I used courier new it would have been 2 ½, but I thought times was good.  Also I didn’t know how much info I was supposed to add.  The notes I took in class were not that heavy.  We shall see on Thursday when he gives them back and we have a grade of "A."  

As a class, we are coming up with a LOT of funny ideas.  I’ve noticed that everyone is at a different level in the class, as evidenced by our beat sheets completion.  Someone used like gray color on the page, or his or her printer is weaker than Superman on a green Kryptonite diet.   Some of us didn’t use anything like the template in Crafty TV Writing.  One person was pitch perfect, if I may use the pun.  The Prof loved her work.   I have a lot to catch up with if he pans my beat sheet. 

I suppose the real question is if my script is really funny.    

No comments: