Thursday, April 09, 2009

In Perfect Pitch

Today was the day I had to present my three pitches in class for comedy shows.  I had my choice of three shows, AND I was allowed to either write for all three or two of one show with one of the other two.  You always start with your strongest pitch.  You NEVER apologize for your writing.  Why start with failure when you know you have a winner in your hands.    Needless to say I wrote a story, loved it, and had a couple of days to think it over AND found another element to add, revised it last night.  Presented it today.  My Prof was feeling the pitch.  I was GREAT!   Yeah, I'm ambitious.  We all knew that. 

Reaction was strong to the first pitch.  The second was meh, and the third got a mixed reaction for its quirky, esoteric aspects, but still acceptable.  The first got the best reaction, so I WILL be developing it.  I would love to develop this pitch to a full script.    I feel positive about this adventure.     

No comments: