Thursday, June 30, 2011

Papa Doesn't Preach

For those not in the know, I've been having a devil of a time communicating with a family member.  It's gotten to the point that after leaving phone messages and waiting for a response (it's been two months) has not done me any good.

I'm typically a "bounce back" type of guy with these things, however it really bugged me to not speak. Well one can make the best of a bad situation, right? Maybe no return calls is a good thing.  Maybe said person really isn't worth my time.

Before I wrote this relationship off I thought it to be best to try and call again. Why did I bother? I got the same response as the last time--nothing.  After several  moments of reflection later, and it came to me: why did I put myself through this?  I feel like a fool for having hope. In truth things would never change. Why should they?  

Weird. Walking away from this is nowhere as bad as I expected it to feel like.  I simply cannot waste time past this post.  Did it change me?  Yes it did.  Am I all rage now?  No, but its time for some tough choices and no looking back.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good. Sometimes it's not worth it. And you can only help someone so much. The rest is up to them. If they don't reciprocate after all your efforts? Fuck them. Focus all that energy on things you enjoy and will make you better.

-Stephanie Insixiengmay

Unknown said...

Thanks Steph. It really irks me to have to be this way to anyone close, but they're not leaving me with any choices.