Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LIML: Live Inside My Love

LIML: Live Inside My Love
© Stacy R. Haynes

Live inside my love she says
Between her whispers in the dark
My own heart races in anticipation
She kissed my ear, my neck
I was down for her.
She was down for me
We were ready to take the next step.
A step of passion

Summer’s evening brought through
A cool breeze against our hot skins
As we undressed in the dark
Crickets chirped
She had an old turntable
That played 70’s soul music
As the needle found the grove
And we found the rhythm.

We were brazen
Unconcerned
As we sang a melody together
I live inside her love
I breathe her in

She takes me whole
We are wild and restless
In the heat of the night,
We stoke our own fires
Until the embers calm and cool
Laying beside her
Her next to me
Catching our breaths
Pleased inside a world of out own.

No comments: