Sunday, January 13, 2008

With Love From Charleston: 1/3/08 The Family Wrap Up

It’s been a cold week. Too cold for me. My face and feet froze. Not a good thing in my book. I visited my Dad yesterday. Things went ok until he forced me to watch Bold & The Beautiful.

Why is Brooke Logan and her sisters still hoes? Anybody remember that song “You’re a Ho” by Ludacris? OMG There is a reason I gave up on soaps. I see an irony about to happen. Watch me graduate from the dramatic writing program and get a job scripting soap opera characters. Brooke needs a twist to keep her more updated and less the same ole ho we’ve known for years.

I had to remind my Dad to pay his cell phone bill on time. The late fees are murder and I am not covering the late charges. I think his GF didn’t like that, but I’m like pay it or have it suspended. She uses his cell as much as he does. Better get it together, man.

My Gran decided to play a little trick on the fam by shutting off her phone. As people try to get in contact with her, the suspense builds, and eventually someone knocks on her door and she is “surprised” she turned the phone off. Can you say hot mess? Gotta love Gran. She’s quite irreplaceable.

My friend and me were supposed to get together at La Hacienda, but she hasn’t been able to make it. I am disappointed, as I haven’t seen her in a while. But that’s life. I pray there will be other times to hook up.

Went to the dollar tree and restocked the usual supplies for one dollar. May have to hit up Family Dollar as well, to catch a few items on my way out of Charleston.

I’ve been having a good time with my Mom. I miss my family, so it’s nice to get some quality time in with them. My younger brother took at trip to see his daughter, and I wanted to hang out with both of them. Hung out a little with my older brother. Told him about the benefits of having as a retirement plan (401k, Roth IRA, etc.). Observed my own benefits, and feel I am starting of the New Year at a simple, but standard status quo. I love a good start.

No comments: