Friday, June 06, 2008

Special Thanks to the Ladies I Know

I'd like to take this post and thank some of the awesome lady friends I've come to meet and know. They've had much more influence than they know, and they deserve a great shout out. If I miss your name don't take it as neglect. I am truly blessed.

J. My homegirl. Love ya boo. OMG she is on point with her life, career, and goals. If I never say it, you should know that you're one of the brightest, talented, and confident women I know. I wanna grow up and be like you because you have willed success to come your way. That's what I'm talking about.

Aggie, my fellow Libra in crime. Your wit is a blessing, and you keep me in stitches. I love reading your lj, and you have some truly fantastic ideas. You also have a lot of talent and we have yet to see your range. I for sure want to say more. Also any woman who loves comics is like 10 times super sexy to me. If I ever become a producer/editor/whatever, I'm recruiting you, just so you know. You're gonna make people snape their necks turning pages of your books. They should be doing that already. You're a hottie.

Shisho, my fellow trickster. You have mad skills and the desire to try new ideas as well. I love that you are willing to explore your talents and not be intimidated by sharing. The truth is you have mad talent, and your shyness is mere what all good writers feel. If you were a bad writer you'd be trying to hock your work on everyone, and be unable to accept criticism of any form. We know you're not a bad writer. Prada Swan is your best creation. U know it too. U go girl! Also your posts are reading goodness.

Lao Girl. Come out of hiding. ;-) I love your playfulness, and while your posts are text heavy, I must say I understand a lot of them. You also have some keen ideas/POV. I can't let you get away.

Kat, or should I say Most Honored Kat. *bows* Thanks for being my friend, and being so kind. It makes you more adorable and loved. You're a superstar, yet down to Earth. You're the most sensible woman on YABS, so i know you're good. That's how I know you're cool. Keep on keeping on. Also "Stupid Kat Tricks" give me joy. Another shy writer. I so want a peek at the novel.

Beatty. Where are you? LOL You and Nicole got me into blogging, and I miss ya when you're not here. Keep on keeping on. I'll catch you on Myspace.

Nicole. My sister I love your posts. Your writing is clear with bouts of humor. You got me into blogging. Love you for that.

There are a lot more ladies in my life, but like I said, don't think it neglect. I simply could make this a mile long post. Know that you're loved and appreciated for the good you bring my way. I wish you many blessings and happiness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lordy, you just made my day with this post. If you were here in Charlotte, I'd so hug you right now. Then I'd buy you a latte and hug you again, because this really made my morning. My buddy/co-worker and I have a meeting with my boss today, so this will give me strength to get through that hot mess. Thanks! =D

Unknown said...

You're very welcome Brenda. I am very pleased to know I made your day! You deserve a lot more happy days, say 365 days out of the year.

Y'all make my day too, BTW. :-)

Anonymous said...

Geez, you totally made my day, too, Stacy. :o I've been such a rollercoaster of emotion the past six months while more lows it seems lately-thank you for giving me a peak when I was in a valley.

Thank YOU for being my friend, Stacy. You are a kind and compassionate person, and we are all better for knowing you. :)

*bows*

;)

Unknown said...

Anytime Kat. You're a good friend, and I love cheering friends up. Your happiness makes me feel good. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just saw this...

What did you mean by come out of hiding?

Anyways, thanks Stace. :)

It's nice to be appreciated.

Unknown said...

When I wrote this post you were laying low on YABS. I think you were just lurking. I was hoping to summon you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, you did eventually coax me out of hiding. ;)

Thanks again.

-Stephanie (Lao Gurl)