Monday, June 23, 2008

The Watercolor That Never Came to Be/The Kiss of Death


This drawing (pencil) is on over sized watercolor paper. Obviously it was meant to be colored, however, I liked the drawing so much I decided to leave it as is. My professor also agreed that it should be left alone.

The picture is also edited, as it is a full frontal male nude, which I was told is the "kiss of death" to any artwork meant to be sold. I rarely draw or paint to sell, and fail to think commercially with my art (I so need to sell out one day). It doesn't matter to me, I just like to show my work. I do however have to contend with the fact that this IS the internet, and my rated G blog doesn't need the heat cranked for all the WRONG reasons.

Still I may change my mind and dare to go bare for the sake of my creations. Some of them are NOT being shown because they are frontal nudes. I wonder if that can be resolved in any way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Stabs Stacy's prissy angel in the throat with a paintbrush handle.*

Fixed that for you. >:)

Unknown said...

You know that angel will get back up, much like Jason in Friday the 13th.

Thanks just the same. :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. I still haven't figured out how we got to the place in America where the human body is lewd. Good Lord! It's been going this direction for a while now.

Unknown said...

Hello Martin. Thanks for dropping by and posting. The human body is considered so taboo, that it could change the rating in a movie, or how we view images.

Being from the south, I know people go Victorian in a hot muggy moment, and some will go all Quaker in a moment.

The body is beautiful, but if is often shunned and viewed as "disgusting." I don't get that.