Sunday, April 03, 2011

To Do Lists

The time has come for me to get more of my act together, and I know that takes more than saying I'm doing what I set out to do.  A brother needs to get organized.  I'm rather scatterbrained (typical artist behavior).  So now's the time to try out making tangible to do lists.

The goal is not to do everything in one day, but rather looking at what I want to do, and not getting overwhelmed with the process.  For example, I'm working on my thesis, but if I focus on getting a certain topic within the thesis covered, I can get that done, then work on the next.  

Also this should help with my fiction and blog posts.   I need to have a list of topics and worth them into my daily schedule.  The main thing is I'm not expecting perfection with this, but rather structure and results.  Even if something doesn't get accomplished, i can map my expectations and eventually fine tune what I'm doing.

2 comments:

bobo said...

Yeah, that's how I usually plan things out. try to make things in manageable chunks. Sometimes I even surprise myself and actually accomplish more then I expected!

Good luck Stace!

Jessica Thompson said...

Great ideas. I just have a to-do for major tasks for that week. Stick it on my phone and gives me a constant reminder of what I need to do. Best of all, it works! Supporting and following. alphabetalife.blogspot.com