Saturday, April 07, 2012

Erotic Fiction

Today is the day I say to myself, "I should or could try my hand more at writing erotic fiction." You can judge me, I don't mind. It wouldn't be the first or last time in my life. I am curious if I have what it takes to push myself in this direction. Writing in itself is rewarding, and I'm combining some things I like such as fiction, creativity, and sex.

I'm not pretending to be some great literary sage with the keys to the kingdom. Far from it. I need to push myself out of my comfort zone. I went out the gate running.

I'm being overly self-conscious about this topic. I worry too much over nothing. At the same time if I don't over-think the writing process too deeply, I will write stores, and all concerns (the angel in the room) will back off and stories get done (do not pardon the pun).  It seems every time I write/create naughty stories, good things tend to happen.  People read the material, and I get feedback. Am I onto something?  Can't think about it, just know my taboo themes work.  I'm curious if the goofy me will let the sensual me, take a drive at the wheel.  Curiosity, naughtiness, and straight up daffy humor.  It just sells itself, doesn't it?

So this is me stopping with excuses and writing more.  Who knows where this experiment will go.  Not 100% concerned with that. This is a challenge.  It may also be a fantastic flop on my part.

No comments: