Saturday, April 07, 2012

Longing for Longer Posts

In an effort to pump my blogs up once more, I'm looking at longer posts.  Began one already that's over one page long single spaced. It's still in the infant stages, and this time I'm looking for more quotable sources.  Also I'd like to work on a second longer post for film reviews.  One at a time I suppose.  Should keep my notebook ready, just in case I'm inspired.  Also more themed writings.  I've seen several films but let's talk about something specific about them now.  So a new chapter of writing begins.

Looking for ways to use citation and NOT be too long a post.  You see, I'd like for the new cinema post to have a bit more bite than I'm used to writing.  This means looking up sources. If I used them, I want to cite them, but since this is not an academic paper or an article I was wondering how in depth I would need to make the citations.  Certainly I want to give credit where credit is due.

Perhaps if I allude to the sources instead of directly quoting them.  I will for sure include info of the title and info I can for people to look up the parent source. For example, I am referencing the movie, and I do give information on the movies. Why not any essays, articles or books?  This is a work in progress, but I need to make some adjustments to my writing style as my demands increase.  

No comments: