Sunday, November 20, 2005

Funny

NOTE: Due to the silliness of the end result of this story I have omitted the names to protect the guilty.

A friend who has great tast in clothes told me that she wanted to get something nice for her aunt. She had done so with her other aunts who loved a new outfit. When she came to the aunt in question, the aunt refused the gift, saying that the dress was "too pretty." The dress could not be worn to church because it would distract others from the word/Jesus, and that's not what she goes to church for.

My friend kindly took the dress back, and gave it to someone who wanted it. My friend thought about what happened. No one ever gave back anything because it made them "look good." She's convinced her aunt doesn't understand gift giving or looking nice. She belives that she will never give her aunt a gift again, since the woman didn't want the dress. All I can say is that is a new expereince for me too.

No comments: