Monday, May 19, 2008

Naked Heart

A clever thought dawns upon me. My muse sings like a caged bird now free after years of captivity. The flow of creativity bursts like a dam from an overflowing river. The touch of electric insanity has visited and exited me once again. She's that old lover come to play again. Come to take me through my dark times. She is my friend. Like Prometheus she has given me fire. Before her touch, creativity was like wading through thick, thick fog, with my mind telling you there's a wall for me to crash into. We rode the river Styx together. Drifting aimlessly, awaiting a reprieve. Caution gives me electric impulses to my spine and skin, as fear overrides my senses. Were this Pandora's box, it would be wide open. All sorts of thoughts have been let loose unto the world, but not by accident. Were this my own heart, you would see it naked, proud, beautiful, unashamed.

No comments: