Monday, August 30, 2004

After The Storm

Charleston got a hit from Gaston, the latest tropical storm. It came earlier than the weather men predicted, and before I knew it, I had no phone line, and no power. It was one big ole mess. To top it off, people wanted me to show up to the job. LOL Like a nasty tropical storm knocking down powerlines, trees, and branches won't totaly block the highway, not to mention the wind and rain obscuring my vision, and possibly tossing my car around.

Needles to say I was unavailable for work. There's another hurricane on the way. It looks like it could pop up at SC. So I guess I better prepare this week-end for some more storming. Damn. I wanted a laxed week-end. One without storm pains and sufferings. I suppose I can't have everything I want. I am very thankful that my home, family, and self were unharmed.

No comments: