Thursday, April 24, 2008

Because a Conversation with Cuttermike is Awesome! Part 1

And for those who don't know who heystacy is, you need a kick in your ass.
Hey, Heystacy (stacy... is there an echo in here...?) -

Just a thought, FWIW.

I know that when I'm doodling or cartooning, or even when I'm doing stuff for my job -- where I make an effort to do my best, but in which I'm not emotionally invested... my sense of self isn't on the line -- that my work is looser and more "alive" than when I'm trying to do "Art".

When I try to do my "real" stuff, I have a tendency to stiffen up and have to force myself not to force it, if you know what I mean.

You have, I think, said that you're looser when writing your YABS stuff than when you're writing your "real" stuff. Is it possible that the reviewing committee saw the stiffness and that THAT's where the problem was?

No comments: