Friday, April 18, 2008

This Sucks So Bad For Me

I DIDN’T get accepted into the dramatic writing MFA program. Yes, booooo. Yes, Damn it! I get the full details of my rejection on Monday. UGH!

I feel embarrassed because I put a lot of time in my craft. I solicited a LOT of help and opinions to sharpen my portfolio. People keep asking me to let them know the results. Now I have to tell them, I failed. I’m really, really embarrassed. My pride is all in my way. I need a moment to quiet my ego.

At this point I ask myself, what does this mean? Was it NOT meant to be? Perhaps I can dust off my scripts and submit again now that I have got myself a great book on screenwriting, AND I am still passionate about screenwriting as well as using the new techniques I’ve learned.

Do I really need an MFA to write scripts? On a side note I just read, in “Crafty TV Writing,” the people with the MFA’s are the assistants to the writers of scripts, not the writers themselves. The timing of that line was perfect. LOL It cushioned the blow I felt.

BTW I will still have a professional writing MFA once I’m done with graduate school. I never give up. With or without a degree I will be scripting for film, television, and comics.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. I really value your opinions, and it means a lot that you helped me or if you read my spoofs and were entertained.

No comments: