Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Emancipation of Mimi

Didn't think I would buy another Mariah Carey CD. I was lukewarm when I bought "Rainbow," and I hated "Glitter." By time "Charmbracelet" came out, I was not feeling her at all. I ignored it. I didn't ignore "Emancipation." I love "We Belong Together." A friend said it was good, so I checked it out. It's DAMN good. I love a lot of the songs. I didn't excent it to be that good. THe CD was worth the money.

A friend got "dinged" at work. That is a BIG FAT YELLOW RAT cheesed on her. It was over her sending an email to a non employee. I'll have to remember to not do the same. I'll email from my home address from now on to keep myself, and my pals outta troube. Lord, some people take their job too serious. Like sending a damn email is destroying the fabric of the universe.

Speaking of the job, that will remain NAMELSS for the sake of keeping things off the radar. I'm having some mixed feelings at my job. I like helping people, but there is some nasty hand tieing going on. I suppose I am not meant to help everyone. i don't know. i get this feeling that I'm getting like all busted on. I'm too nice. I care to much. I'm not in the right place. At least the people I'm next to are super cool. We are good to each other. That makes things bearable a whole lot.

Got a new powercord for the laptop. I am so pleased!!!!! The old one was on its last leg.

12 comments:

Beatty said...

I was wondering where you had been. Yes I've heard that alot of jobs are cracking down on people sending email from work. I hope your co worker doesn't get fired.

Well you know, most jobs are the same when it comes to people backstabbing and people trying to get others in trouble. Just watch your back and try not to be so doggone nice all the time. I mean don't let it blind you to true intentions of some people.

I've learned to look out for myself first and always at work. And not to trust hardly anyone. I've been burned too much on previous jobs. I had to learn the hard way.

Beatty said...

I have heard that Mariah CD out now is really good!

I was going to to to the Walmart site and download it but now there is some security breach about using charge cards online to buy things.

Guess I'll have actually go to the store to get it. It's just that when you can buy it online and download it, it's a few dollars cheaper. But having some trouble with hackers on my card would be worst. So I'll go to the store.

Unknown said...

She won't get fired. She did tell me 4 people did. I will have to save my friendly emails for my hometime. I will be online a lot more at home, so I'll do my mail from home from now on.

I do have to keep an eye out. I see two backstabbers out there that are near. Something I think they would do to help themselves, while smiling at me.

I may need to reassess the job. It may not be worth it to stay. We'll see. I'd like to finish out the year, but if I get to a point where the pacing and people are beyoned me, it will be time to move on.

Beatty said...

I'm sorry the other people got fired.

You send a few emails from work this week. Joke emails and I just replied short replies to them today. I hope it doesn't get you into trouble.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that there were some hacking problems with online purchasing. Thanks for letting me know. I decided at the last moment to purchase my text books fom Barns and Noble directly. I drove to the store, I got a discount too. I got 40% discount on my books. Not bad at all. I'll hold off online purchasing for a while. Don't want anything added to my charges.

Beatty said...

Well just look out for yourself there. Watch the knives. They sting worst when youd don't see them coming.

Unknown said...

My new supervisor isn't that nosy. The comments you sent me should be fine. No harm done.

Unknown said...

I hear you. All I need is someone ratting me out like some old buzzard.

Beatty said...

Yes it's been on the news all day. Seems somebody got into a site that uses all of our charge card information. It's Master card but Master card is over all other cards, visa and all. So everybody that has purchased online something your information is at this supposedly secure site that the hackers got into. They just said to watch all of your statements.

Just dam great! You can never do anything in life that ain't safe.

I would think that using cards at stores would be unsafe too. Those go into computer systems too. You'll have to use cash for everything. Then you are subject to losing money or somebody knocking you in the head if they see you have what they think is alot of cash on you.

We can't win.

Beatty said...

Ok, glad it's ok. Just thought I'd let you know you got some replies from me. I won't send anymore to your work email.

Unknown said...

No problem Beatty. :-)

Anonymous said...

Although I bought mine bootleg, the Mariah CD has gotten plenty of play around here.

Berry