Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Today I got a letter in the mail telling me I didn't get the job. Boy that smarts so bad. I really wanted to break into a new position. I suppose I will have to bide my time. I know there is something better out there for me, so I won't give up. I do however feel like I'm chasing my tail. If a job won't come to me, I'll guess I'll have to make one of my own. Something's gotta come my way.

On a good note, I don't feel like I'm in a funk. I'm not angry or upset. It must have something to do with the fact that I prayed a lot about this interview, and promised myself that I would make the best impression I could. That way if I didn't get the job, it wouldn't be due to any deficiencies I had at the time. I did make an impression, just one they wanted.

I'm going to pray that I become a better writer, and that I start selling some of my short stories, so I can have something on the side that keeps me going. Because at the end of the day, I need to feel like heading somewhere other than nowhere.

No comments: