Monday, December 05, 2005

Can U Pay My Bill?

Hey,

I had this interesting experience when I went back to Charleston for Thanksgiving. I called a friend and we went to the movies, which I did not mind at all. She wanted to see Saw II. Gory movie, but ok to see. I would see it again. The movie works like a crime story. Y’all know I love my crime stores. After the movie, we chatted, like we always do, and when I came back to Savannah, I txted her to see how she was doing. All was well.

The following week, I txt her again. She was having drama with one of her cousins. Called to make sure she was ok. We talked to each other, she calmed down (was very upset of how family member took advantage of her).

The next week she txts me telling me about an outstanding bill she has. She went on about how she didn’t have the money to pay this bill.

It got the clearest impression she was indirectly asking me to pay this bill for her. Mind you, I work my 40 hrs a week, and I budgeted so that I could spend money when I came back to Charleston, without sacrificing my bills. It does not mean I have money ALL the time. This turned me off, but I had to wonder, was I reading her wrong. I don’t know, but this bill has come up in several conversations since.

Needless to say that I am leery of this situation. A friend suggested that she was asking. My bro thinks my friend knows I have to pay my own way (rent, utilities, care, insurance, etc.), but isn’t concerned with that. She just wants her bill paid. May have to keep my distance. How did I get into this?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why don't say something like I would love to help you but I just moved and I am in school. Then offer some suggestions for paying it off little by little. She may just be talking about it because it is really bothering her.

Unknown said...

True. Like I said, I could be reading her wrong. She could be venting. I did suggest she ask her mom for possible help. Glad u gave your perspective on the matter. :-)

Beatty said...

Sounds like she was hoping you'd offer to pay it to me. You know some women see a man and expect that man to help them pay their bills and take all their troubles away. Some women are like that.

Then maybe again she was just talking. But the way I know people, I kind of doubt it. I think she was hoping you'd offer.

Unknown said...

If I could I would help out a friend, however I am not in that position. Who knows. I am not able to help. I think she paid it already. I didn't ask. ROFL

Anonymous said...

I appreciate it when even if someone can't help if they will at least offer. Sometimes you just need to feel like someone is in your corner.

Unknown said...

Hey Berry,

Good to hear from you. That's for your input.

Unknown said...

I thought about this sitaution. I still may be thinking like a customer service rep. I so was leery of people asking things, and hearing about bills. I may have been turned off becuase I heard about overdue bills all the time.

The input was much appretiated too. Thanks Beatty, and Berry.