Monday, March 27, 2006

Be At Your Best

Yesterday was a work day. All was fine until we started closing the buildiing. I explained to all that we were closing, and the patrons needed to wrap up what they were doing and leave. Two people held me up. the first was a guy who said to me he couldn't get his disk out of the computer. I helped him. It was no problem. he didn't want to break the rules. he wanted his disk back. no sweat.

Next to him was this chick who was like "You WILL have to wait five more mins until I AM DONE."

For those who know me, I have an even temperment, so I kept my cool. I let this chick know that when I say we're closed, we are closed. No exceptions. She got pissed and left. One thing some people seem to miss is that I am in charge. I am the supervisor. I am responsible for the building. It needs to be closed at a specific time. You want something, you have to follow the guidelines. Otherwise you can speak to the dean after the public saftey officer writes you up and you have go before the dean to get back into the building. Your choice.

For the record, most people obey the rules. They understand when I say time to go, its time to go. What was funny is this chick was telling me what I was going to do. Furthermore she told me "I pay a LOT of money to go to this school..." What the F**k oes that mean? Are you throwing that in my face that you paid a lot of money? How does that work? I pay a lot of money to go to the school too. I am not impressed. ROFLMAO!!!!!

I sent my supervisor an email and the day staff so they knew about this. I have a strong feeling people like this come back, start crying and saying people are mean to her. I know my job, and I know that I HAVE to get the place closed on time no less. I will see how this plays out, or if it goes in a puff of smoke.

2 comments:

Beatty said...

There you go, you stood your ground. You just have to be assertive with some people or they don't get the message.

Unknown said...

Beatty,

Thaty's so true. LOL I need to do this more often. We'll have a change ASAP!!!!