Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Miss Charleston

This is not a whinny "I wanna go back and live in Chucktown" post, but rather a declaration of needing to touch base with my family, friends, and my old stomping grounds. Its the makings of a road trip for me. That's how I feel at the moment. I will make sure to get my ride tuned up next month, so I can spend a few days with my family and possibly go out with my pals.

I have a headache. I need to drink more water. I had this caffeene rush after downing a java chip frappachino. I had to have the largest cup from Starbucks too. LOL. I needed a treat. I was so sluggish this morning, and I wanted some oomph to my day. I've been busy with all sorts of duties, so I wanted to have something on the rich side.

I love my life, no matter how bad things get, I have to take account that there are MANY good things that can happen. Thank the Lord I have so many blessings.

4 comments:

Beatty said...

So you're not liking Savannah that well? My family is from there and we have family in Beaufort, around that area. I don't know the S.C. relations well, I do know the family in Savannah better as they are more direct family.

Anyway the 10 yrs. I lived there, from 1972 to 1982 I liked it alot. I was only 15 when my parent moved back there from New Jersey. I didn't think I was going to like it after growing up in New Jersey but to my surprise I did like it better then I thought I would. I moved from there over 20 yrs. ago to here in Ohio. I don't know how Savannah is now, but back when I lived there it wasn't a bad place to live. I can't see myself going back there to live though as I've lived here in Ohio now more years then anywhere, so this is home.

Hope you get back home soon. And sorry Savannah ain't doing it for you. :o)

Unknown said...

Oh, I like it. I just feel a need to go to my old stomping grounds. I have at least 2 1/2 more years in Savannah, so I have more time to like Sav.

Trina Slade-Burks said...

I know the feeling. I miss NYC. I haven't been since my dad passed away 4 years ago. Things are tight right now. I have an auction on e-bay to help fund my trip. I have been raising $$ for fundraiser and that is doing well. Now I have to think about me. I really need to see my friends & family. I am losing focus on things.

Unknown said...

Trina,

Thanks for posting. I am very hopeful you will get back to NYC and touch base with your peeps. Hang in there.