Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fess Up!!!

I have finished revising my short story!!!!!!!

It's been trying. This is the one story I wrote that was very personal. I incorporated many elements from my daily life and living. After I wrote it, I put this story away. After all, who'd be interested in my life. I'm so boring, right? LOL

To be honest, this has been my favorite written story. It felt real to me when I read it back to myself. The story had heart and soul. When I wrote before, I was trying to write anticipating what other people may want to read. Its not that my other works of fiction didn't have elements of reality, but I tried to keep them distant and less personal. In many ways, I felt vulnerable. I opened a door that exposed me more than I cared to. That seems so silly when I think back on how much I loved the story.

I kept the story just for me. It was and obscure on my laptop. I decided to dust it off after moving to Savannah, and looking at all the items on my laptop. I still don't know who'd be interested in this story, but its as edited as its going to get.

Now I will submit it to Glimmer Train (literary mag dedicated to new writers). The waiting game will begin shortly.

No comments: