Saturday, August 12, 2006

Writing Fool IIIX

My goodness steak and potatoes is heavy. Tomorrow is salad, I think. LOL

Been working on the latest chapter, but then I wrote something that gave one of the main characters some real heartbreak. I didn’t realize this, but I felt that pain too. I was like that’s really hurtful. I completed it, but I had to put the story down for a while. I’m like OMG that’s emotional. I do realize that characters will have to go through pains in order to overcome adversity. Otherwise I’d be writing Care Bears where all things are soft and cuddly sweet.

For the record, I am proud of this scene, I wasn’t prepared for it myself, but I think I’ve made a writing breakthrough when I empathize beyond the I hope he/she wins. That loss the character felt was important for the story or readers may not feel for the characters either. It makes me a better writer.

4 comments:

Beatty said...

Yes, it does make you a better writer to do that. Especially if you're writing on mature subject matters.

Salad alone is good for dinner sometimes. I do that alot. Sometimes I just have a nice size salad with everything in it for dinner. It's pretty fulling but doeen't leave you with that stuffed feeling. I've been trying to get away from that eating until I'm stuffed here lately. It defeats the purpose of me doing the treadmill. And I feel so much better since I've been working out a little. I may still look fat, but my pants are loser and I feel alot better. lol :o)

Unknown said...

The treadmill's working. I am haapy for that. Today is all positive news. I am so loving this. :-)

Last week was drama filled. Not my drama, mind you, peeps call me to unload all their mess. I promised myself a drama free weekend. I have succeded so far. LOL

I love growth, so I am very pleased my writing has made a transition. Its a progress that can only bring more growth.

Beatty said...

Your writing will bring you growth, you can believe that.

As far as people drama, if it has nothing to do with me, I keep it away from me. And if I have drama, which is rare, I don't carry it to other people who aren't effected. I think I told you this before. You can't let other's drama come into your aura space or it will effect you too.

Unknown said...

You did. My week-ends is my time to relax, cook a meal, write, or take in a movie.

I had a few people call me and unload. I don't mind listening to peeps, but I was getting overloaded. Like you said, it spilled right on into my life.

I am going to turn that into a positive too. My brother says I should charge people, and tack on extra fees if peeps don't listen. LOL

I am going to post a write up on the drama soon on the blog. From now on all the drama is going to be in my stories, not in life.