Sunday, March 18, 2007

Act of Kindness

I was down in the dumps when someone did something extra cool for me. They paid for my latte. I know that seems real simple and blah to most, but I wanted one, was ready to use my last solid five on it, but someone covered me. I felt so good that day. It was the gesture of kindness I needed. I don’t even know how to repay such a thing, other than to give to someone else when and if they need it. Sometimes a simple gesture is all it takes to make someone’s day a whole lot better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I was at Starbucks last Christmas season, in the middle of a super hectic day at the library, when I realized (at the register of course) that I'd left my wallet back at work. The girl at the register was so nice and said not to worry about it, that I could pay for it next time I came in. I felt super happy and extra Christmasey all day.

Besides, after reading your posts on YABS, I know how much you love your lattes! =)

Unknown said...

Hello Shisho,

I forget you work in a library as well. Cool. :-)

I do love my lattes. I'm trying to keep it in moderation, so that I don''t OD on them. lol

Thanks for visiting and posting on my blog. I love guests as much as lattes. ;-)