Thursday, March 15, 2007

Winter’s Kiss

Winter’s Kiss

To know you is to know
A kiss so cold and fleeting,
Yet your touch lingers lifelong
An echo in the distance
Too far to hold onto
Far too close to my heart that won’t let you go.

You love me for a season,
And then you move on
A whisper of a ghost of a memory
Gone as quickly as you arrived.

When the leaves regain their strength,
When the flowers find their passion,
And courage to bloom once more,
I think of you.

Again, I find you gone…
Again you disappoint me…
Again I yearn for your touch,
As three seasons pass me by.

Every day I look around
In an empty room,
Everything reminds me of you,
The walls, the chairs,
Even the spiraling stairs.
The picture hung so high,
That takes my breath away.

How could you do this to me?
How could you leave me alone?
I have plucked the dandelions dry
Waiting for a taste of you
I have bore the summer’s humid heat
Waiting for a cool kiss from you.

Yet by time the leaves fade from green
To shades of red,
I have forgotten all about your cold ways
Your cold and fickle heart
I long to kiss you again,
Long to hold you in my arms,
And fall back in love.

© Stacy R. Haynes

No comments: