Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Justice League New Frontier


I love this DVD. I am so curious about the comic it is based on. My girl Aggie says its real good, so I have to peep it someday. Right now it’s out of reach. I was going to go in-depth with a review, but I need to see the full DVD a few more times, and absorb some of the details better. I can and will tell you some of the things I liked reading.

The Flash is impressive to me. I love his battle with Captain Cold (who reminds me of a pimp in that getup, not the parka outfit.). He seems to be the more down to Earth hero. He’s very vulnerable to me, and I know that seems simplistic, but he’s a guy with powers, in love, and feels he doesn’t measure up to the other heroes (which he does). I like a modes hero with some insecurity. They all can’t be Batman.

Speaking of whom, is still the hardest bastard on the planet. I like how he doesn’t soften too much, and realizes that he came off too strong in one particular situation, and kept his edge. Damn he’s serious.

Wonder Woman. She’s taller than superman, and I wished we had more scenes with her, but I liked what I saw. I question Lucy Lawless as the voice of WW because I kept hearing Xena in my head, which makes it a personal prejudice more than a logical objection.

Enough babbling. Please go see it for yourself please.

No comments: