Wednesday, March 05, 2008

xxxHolic


This is a CLAMP double feature. For those not in the know, CLAMP is an all female creative team that makes manga (Japanese comics). Many of CLAMPS manga has been adapted into animation (referred to as “anime”), which brings us to this title. I have posted several of the manga./anime titles I have read or seen by CLAMP. They work on titles specifically aimed at girls or boys. They have quite a following in Japan and the US.

xxxHolic (pronounced “holic”) is a supernatural series. I’m just getting into it,. Can’t say much about it other than I like what I see, and I need a few more views. Like I said at an earlier post, I like the figures expressionistic figures. They look jarring at some points, and awkward, yet interesting. Looks like CLAMP was going for a different art aesthetic this go around.
As promised the list of what I have seen/read by CLAMP

  • Card Captor Sakura (TV show and movie)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth (TV show, seasons 1 and two)
  • Rayearth (OVA)
  • X/1999 (movie and TV Show)
  • Clover (manga only)
  • Chobits (TV series)
  • RG Veda (anime)
  • Tokyo Babylon (OVA)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blade of the Immortal is the only manga I read regularly, and Bleach is the only one I watch regularly anymore (though Bebop will probably always be my fave.) I need to branch out.

Unknown said...

There are several I could recommend. I would need to take my time and look them over first. Lunar recommends D Grey Man (manga), which I keep saying I will peep soon.