Sunday, March 23, 2008

Two Things

Two things I learned about creative writing this year:

When I feel that I am uncreative, or not in the “mood” to write, that I should do something. It doesn’t have to be complex, but I need to write. Y’all know that’s when I do my short blog posts. This is one of them. I always say five sentences are worthwhile. I do know of late I haven’t been feeling like writing, and I told myself to go sit down and write something worth posting. It’s a must to write, and I challenge my writing friends to do the same.

My previous scripts should resemble the CSI: YABS spoof and my Haynes Family parodies. For a little background, I write spoofs of my family in famous movies, and send them to my brother. He thinks I’m insanely funny. I also write CSI: YABS, a spoof of CSI and my YABS pals. Mainly the Rotten Apples Gang are the core characters (ha, cool pun). They are far-fetched farces, and are sincerely fun to write, and share. Well Aggie made a simple observation: my scripts/stories should resemble the spoofs I created. It was a good suggestion. So the goal in my life is to make my stories flow like the spoofs.

No comments: