Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shedding Light


I'm in a rather blah mood, which means I likely need some rest. I took this picture a while ago, but I am determined to post it. It's from my Mom's house. yes, I've turned her home into my canvas, as a photographer. The image was put through the levels and color adjustments through Photoshop, as I like making the color adjustments proper. I was fortunate to get the original color back into the image, as originally had a strong red tint to it. Still I love still life and abstractions.

I liked this lamp when Mom bought it, and kept eying it for some reason. It wasn't until I snapped a picture of it that I knew why. There's a beauty and calmness to it. Sedate, yet vibrant. The mix of cool green, and warming yellow. The ying and yang aspects have me hooked.

So on this balh day, I dare to write something positive in my life. I will not be made to sit and suffer and feel miserable. Not when I can see and describe beauty in the everyday things in my life. Somewhere, so close and far away from me, is a better world, and better days that outweigh my blah day. Bank on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of fireflies, but I've had fireflies on the brain lately. Very lovely.

Unknown said...

Thanks. :-) I love this photo. I am thinking of making a photobook of the things I took at my Mom's house and sending it to her.