Saturday, October 23, 2004

Changes We Know and Love

Life has placed me through some changes, and thoses changes are somewhat irritating at the moment. As my nosy co-worker changes shifts, I am saddled with a new co-worker. They just pulled this guy from a different dept, and placed him with me. Not to begrudge his opportunities to "advance" (I have to be honest, our job is dead end), but I'm on the apprehensive side about working with him. he's grouchy, blunt, and gets fustrated waaaaay to easy. All I hear is a series of "damn!'s" comming my way, and it's over the simple stuff. Last night he got pissed 'cause someone asked him to do something that was like he used to do in the Shelving Dept. I told him Circulation does a little of everything. That didn't seem to translate too well for him. I think he was insulted.

Hopefully things will get better, and I'll be less cautious around him. Tomorrow, he'll be flying the evening shift solo. I hope he does well. if not, then you'll hear about it in another post. LOL

No comments: