Saturday, February 25, 2006

Green Lantern #9


I read Green Lantern this week-end. I love the character.

Green Lantern, my favorite super hero, joins forces with Batman this month. Together they fight a new Tattoo Man.

Tattoo Man is a totally crazed, freaky assasin. This not the original Tattoo Man that appeared years ago. This new Tattoo Man is African-American, and very derranged. Killing is mearly the beginning of what he does to victims. The relationship between Batman and Green Lantern is interesting, and is the main focus of the story. The two have an antagonistic relationship that comes to head at the end of the story with interesting results. There is a humorous spot in there as well.

Something I should note. Sometimes, when I read some Bat Man comics, the bat comes off as a jerk. He was very human in this issue. The man has his quirks and abruptness, but he wasn't a total asshole that he can be from time to time. I love that. Writer Geoff Johns has a respectable handle of the character.

A note goes to the part about Green Lantern politics. The conversation between Hal Jordan has on Oa is deeper than I thought.

I love the cover. Its very dark and moody. I like the storm in the background. I thnk its symbollic of the issues the pair have with each other. Good story. The interior art is awesome!!! I love the details of tattoos. The aliens look alien (not that they haven't before).

The isssue is written by Geoff Johns, and art by Ethan Van Sciver. The cover is by Simone Bianchi.

No comments: