Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pleases Pass the Emancipation

Hello all,

Yesterday was one of those days when I tried not to roll my eyes at some really shady shit at the job. Some boxes were left in the mail room. Please bear in mind these boxes do NOT have my name on them anywhere. When I walked into work, I had not been there more than 20 mins when someone pops up from themain plantation house and tells me that I need to take care of these boxes. Keep in mind there is a mandate that I stay at the main desk for 4 hours. All the while there is a day staff that walked passed the box for two days. This has happened twice. You can be damn sure I am bringing this up in our meeting tomorrow.

When did I become a slave to a box that anyone can handle, and quicker? Foolishness. I'm insulted. You know I hate it when people think kindness means weakness. Why do people want me to be aggressive when I like being even tempered? Gotta flip that script. Nobody told "massa" I's a free negro. I's got a mind, and free will. I's gots myself an ed-you-kay-shun.

Some people, sheesh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn...definitely bring it up!

Unknown said...

I am. I will post the results tomorrow.

Beatty said...

Stacy you really are having bad luck in finding a work place that you don't have to deal with so much. Mind you, most jobs have their share of drama. Some are worst then others though.

Unknown said...

I don't think of it like bad luck. Its a place I hold my hat for the moment. I can't pretend the administration is up to snuff, but I know I have at least 1 years here. At the very least I can transfer to a different dept after a year.

If push comes to shove I will leave. I doubt it will get to that. Now I know what to expect. Don't expect much to happen by way of issues resloved though.