Thursday, May 11, 2006

Goodbye Teen Titans



I was on the fence about this title, but now I feel like I’m gonna give it up for good. This is sad to me, because this title, and me we have a history. Also, I wanted to give new artist Tony Daniel a chance. His work is good, I do miss Mike McKone as the artist, but hell, he’s off the title and I dealt with it.

I should be surprised, but I’m not. I am disappointed, because I paid to read this damn comic.

I want to like this title, I really do, but after a few moths of some very bland stories, I want to walk away, and I will.

Quite frankly, the stories seem overly simple, and boring. I feel so uninterested in any of the characters. BTW please let Cyborg get his own mini-series at least. He’s the senior in the title, and nobody seems to do him justice.

I can say I didn’t like the Titans Massacre that happened. I don’t know. Evil Superboy is rather bland himself, and his power level is oddly flexible. Yes he’s psychotic, but boring. (NOTE: A once noble and good Superboy from another world became psychotic, and either killed, maimed or crippled several reserve members of the Titans while somehow unable to do much damage to the real Superboy. -I didn’t make that up)

I admit I have some seen some interesting plotlines. Wonder Girl’s power up by Ares was fascinating, as was Jericho’s return, and where he’s been hiding. Raven’s return was cool. Brother Blood was semi-interesting.

I am so done with this title. Maybe somebody will let me know how the title is doing. I may pick it up then.

I am very disappointed because I love writer Geoff John’s JSA series. I have a great time reading it. What the hell happened? Oh, Infinite Crisis happened (don’t get me started on that story-ok I will do it tomorrow).

Bye-bye Titans. I might miss ya… Maybe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Dorian. I love the Titans, but its really a bad move on my part to keep a book that I don't enjoy reading. I think its a shame. Geoff is good, but it seems only JSA holds charm for me, and he isn't writing it anymore.

I heard he was a "fan favorite," but Titans is fan unfriendly.

I heard many people hated "War Games." I have heard mixed reviews on Nightwing. I feel your pain.

Morrison on Batman? That would be worth reading.