Friday, May 26, 2006

Seaching For Myself

This may seem absolutely stupid, but I haven't found myself yet. Its a maturing thing, a phase maybe. I still am looking for my voice, my soul, and common sense. I like where I am right now, but its just a place I hang my hat. I don't know. I'm missing a lot of things in life. I'd like one of the things I don't have, self-fulfillment, to be real. You can't get that from other people. You can't bottle it. You can't fake it either.

Well, in the midst of doing all my fun things: my writing, my education, my art, I don't feel so completed. I'm simply busy, I am preoccupied with so much I don't think about what I want. I know what I think I want.

Just what the heck do I want? I have no idea, but its high time I found out.

I'd love to find myself. I'd love to know what I am capable of, instead of wishing. I'd love to know that I can do anything I wanted to. I want to know if I fall, I can pick myself up and succeed. We all hear of success stories from others. It gives me hope as to what I can achieve.

I long to be free of constraints. I don't know. Sometimes I see people, meet people, talk about my day, and feeling like I'm still somewhere out there.

I posted earlier that I am persistent, but that's not enough. I want to be that well-rounded man that people admire and become inspired by. I want to believe in myself. believe in love, and be at peace. I think before you have love you gotta love yourself. I am so distracted by everything around me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dorian,

Thanks for posting. Odds are is I will be writing and doing artwork. I LOVE writing and doing artwork. I suppose its a matter of time before I start trying to get stories published again.