Thursday, May 04, 2006

Plagarism Rears Its Ugly Head II

Here is the final result of this fiasco, as mentioned earlier. Check out the amount of the book deal, $500,000, AND optioned by Dreamworks studios before the scandal. The link is in the title.

For the record, I am speaking about author, Kaavya Viswanathan, who wrote, "How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild, and Got a Life."

Imagine, a half million bucks to work with. I'd be out of debt and smiling all the way to the bank. LOL I would have some great vacations too. All fuel for my stories. There are some legal issues here too. The author has breached her contract.

I found another article. It can be viewed here.

I find this fascinating for a few reasons. The first, being that I have always wanted to be a fiction author, second, I'm working on my own novel, and came across this news.

Wikipedia breaks it down like a pro. Damn the link is here.

No comments: