Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dating...Back In the Day

I can write about this now, breacuse I can look back and laugh at the adventure. The name has been chanced to protect the stupid in the story.

I went out with Marie to Mannys. Its a greek themed resturant in Charleston, SC. Love the place. They have great wings. I miss Mannys. I am adding it to my list of places to visit when I go home. Marie likes hummus (hope I spelled it right). She always ordered it. She loves the greek sause that is drissled onto the hummus. Marie loves the suace too muc. First she at all the hummus, then what sause was left she stried to scoop it up with her knife and for. I could ignore this, some. Then Marie picked the plate up and I she licked it.

OMG!!! I had to look around to see who was looking at us. I was mortified. Mother always said that you should always put yor best manners on when you are going out to eat. I didn't have a clue about why she said that until Marie put that plate up to her face to suck down that sause. I was was so shocked, I ordered myself a "to go" box for the rest of my meal. I didn't know what to do next. I fumbled the rest of the dinner date. All I can see is that place for her face. What the hell?


I told a friend, and it was suggested that her licking may have been a preiveiw of what she wanted to do to me after the dinner. How do you do ANYTHING with anyone who mortified you in public. I don't think I will ever be that desperate.

No comments: