Friday, July 21, 2006

Short Story Approved!!!


I am reposting this image because I got the word that Cari and my short story was accepted. I'll post more on the progress and release date soon, and I am very eager to see more of Cari's artwork for the story now. :-) I am very pleased, becase i have always wanted to write my own comic. For me this is abeautiful beginning. Cari and I make a great team.

If anybody read previous posts you know we're working on a 6-issue limited series. This is the best news all month!!!

6 comments:

Beatty said...

OMG Stacy! That is awesome news!!!! Hey, may see you on some interview sometime about your comic book! :o)

Unknown said...

Beatty, with all the work drama I have been going through, this is the sunshine after the storm. I am on cloud nine.

One day someone will want to interview bot Cari and I about our story. I'll keep you all posted. I am still excited. :-)

Thanks for your support also.

Beatty said...

Yeah, it's definitely good news, especially after all the work crap you have been having.

I think a good show for you to be interviewed on is the Tavis Smiley. He has that talk show on PBS on weeknights at about 11:00pm or 11:30pm. It's only 30 minutes, but he has alot of really good interesting and important people on there. So him, among some others would be good for you guys to be on.

Unknown said...

Tavis sounds interesting. I'm never home to see his show. Always working. LOL

Time will tell. I'm at the infant stage of the game. maybe if Cari and I start selling lots of issues will I get a knock.

Then again being an African-American writer in the comisc field my peak some peopl's interest.

Beatty said...

Yes, it may peak some interest being that there aren't many African Americans in the comic writing industry but a select few. That's how the guy that does Boondocks got started. Now his comic strip is on TV on Sunday nights.

Unknown said...

That would be so sweet if I could get into other media and merchandising. I would hope it could expand and be lucrative.