Wednesday, February 14, 2007

On Being the Man, Yes I Am!

You know, sometimes I don’t know what to do with myself. I sit and wonder about what could potentially be. I went off on a daydream and thought about an active career in feature and fiction writing. Yeah, I was the man hot damn. More importantly the vision is so close to where I am now it scared me. To be at the threshold of living a dream is truly a blessed experience.

The one thing in my dreams that touched me the most is that I did not doubt myself. I wasn’t afraid to speak my mind. I wasn’t scared of style, substance, and critiques. I didn’t want to wait for people to “validate” me as a writer. I know who I am, and I know what I want out of life. It’s time for that golden outlook.

It wasn’t about merely trusting and listening to my own voice, but rather already knowing what I was about. I saw a clear split from where I am, where I was, and who I became. In that moment I knew (though it scared me), that I have arrived. Not to the world, not to everybody else. I have arrived in my mind. I have changed. I believe in me. I simply feel like that champion I was born to be. I tell my brother all the time “we were not made for nothing, and I mean it.

Welcome to the new me. I am making the strides I dreamt about.

No comments: