Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Break Out Your Crock Pots

It's almost time to cooks something in the crock pot. I am so feeling some Lima or field peas. OMG when it's good and hot, served with rice, and collards on the side, I have a great meal. I am so ready for a good time with the old crock pot. I haven't used it since last year, and I really want some "just like Momma used to make" feelings with my foods. I promised myself I would hang back from the steaks for a few more meals, so I can enjoy it once again, when the time is right. For that matter, I want to make some gumbo. I know, I know, one big meal at a time. Still I can use a great cooking experience to make me feel good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I love about you sweetie. You really know how to make us ladies drool. =)

Sounds yummy. Good thing it's lunch time, because you just made my tummy rumble. I must remember to break out the crock pot this weekend. Mmmmmm.

Unknown said...

What will you cook?

Unknown said...

Crock posts are good for Lima beans and peas. I have the best meals when I use the crock pot. A friend says chili is best that way too.