Monday, August 20, 2007

One Good Reason…



Can anyone give me one good reason I am still not picking up my pastels or charcoal and working my passions out on Mi Tiens drawing paper?

Some things are lost to me, and yet here presents a moment to reflect on what I do have.

Look at this art. I am in awe. I suppose a divorce between me and the art has happened. I can look at my art and for better or worse and know I can go higher.

What can I say, in retrospect, and looking at my work, I see something I like in the work. There’s a sense of energy and passion so strong, and unyielding to others. I never made art to represent anyone. I needed a release, and the opportunity to set my energy free.

2 comments:

the wicked witch of the east said...

dude!!...seriously, i'm so loving these!!...i love the color contrast of the first one, and it gives me a sense of air, and wind and lightness...so very cool...

the second one is scary as hell...it's subtle, but at the same time very visceral too...i think it's the colors...muted and cool vs warmth...but the imagery itself, feels like death...very haunting and yet comforting at the same time...you've got serious duality at play in the second one...you've much to be proud of...(smile)

Unknown said...

I never thought of the scarier aspects of the second image. Interesting. The first image is a favorite of mine.

There is more art on the way. :-)