Thursday, August 02, 2007

My Art VIII

This is a triptych I did a while back. For those who have seen previous work, it resides next to the "blue dress," which hangs on my wall. This is oil on gessoed watercolor paper. I did these three at the same time, so the colors match without me trying to mix for the right combo again. LOL I hated when that happened. My professor thought the characters were dancing. I dig the colors a lot. They have an energy that I cannot explain, but they are amazing. I do think all of my drawings and paintings are real personal. They have a way of revealing things without saying it.

ASIDE; Took a trip to two galleries and saw paintings priced $30,000 (let me let you know it didn't look like it was worth $30.00 to me).

My brother said I should be displaying my own works. Michael Tyzack would want me too (he didn't say that, I just miss my professor.

No comments: